Sat, Mar 18|
The Greater Dog
Intro to Rally plus How to Find & Enter AKC Trials
This PWDCTC workshop for its members will cover both an introduction to Rally trials and how to find and enter AKC trials.
Time & Location
Mar 18, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The Greater Dog, 1815 Greeley St S, Stillwater, MN 55082, USA
About the event
Intro to Rally
Rally Obedience is sometimes called “Obedience Lite” because it’s more relaxed than traditional Obedience. Our PWD’s love it because it’s fun and different than a standard course layout. You can talk to your dog, (sometimes plead with your dog) to heel along with you while following a series of signs on a mapped course and basically do tricks. Learn about some of the more challenging signs in the Master Class (new since 2018) and have fun in the ring with your dog as you try a sample course or two. This is fun for everyone even if you don't plan on competing.
How to Find & Enter AKC Trials
If you’ve never signed up to compete in a companion dog trial or if it’s been a minute since you have, come join us for some new tips, tricks, and short cuts to navigate the entry process.
- Who and what are Show Secretaries what info will they need
- How to read and fill out a premium. (Entry Form)
- How to find your dog’s point progress and AKC registration
- Review of the information you will receive once entered
- Tips on what to do for your first trial! Rally, Obedience, Agility, Scent Work, Water Work
WHEN: March 18th
- 10:00am - Doors open and set up
- 10:30am to 11:00am - Presentation
- 11:00am to 12:45pm - Hands on Rally fun and individual help with online forms
- 12:45pm - Board meeting (All are welcome)
WHAT TO BRING:
- 6-foot leash (No flexis ever at our events)
- Crate, water bowl and lots of small high value treats for your dog and or toy
- AKC registration number if you want help with online entry sites
- 15-dollar fee for on the day for materials and rental (Cash or check written out to PWDCTC)
Please RSVP by pressing button above before March 14th. Questions and ideas to Moe Flaherty (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Doors open and set up